Monday, November 9, 2009

Weekend Trip

This weekend I took a trip to Nashville with my cousin. On the way there we had a little car trouble but we got it sorted out. All we had to do was put some more transmission fluid in the car and keep rolling. During the weekend we didn’t ride in my cousin’s car but in a friends so we wouldn’t have noticed if something was wrong anyways. On the way back we stopped for gas and then tried to get back on the road. We went less than a mile and the car started smoking so we got off at the next exit. We took a look under the car and saw the transmission fluid leaking. Well the car definitely wasn’t moving after that so we ended up having to wait a couple hours in the gas station for a ride. When the man with the tow truck eventually got there he said that the transmission pump had blown out and the whole transmission had to be rebuilt. All this happened because we didn’t get a seal that we needed on the transmission. I’m sure it would not have been that expensive but now my cousin has to pay for a rebuilt transmission. I guess we should have just listened to what people said when they told us to rent a car.

No comments: